Your reliable partner for frozen foods
Fresh and frozen mushrooms last for about a month in the refrigerator before it gets affected.
Freezing mushrooms is very economical but it could also affect the quality of the product as it is being refrigerated.
Mushrooms contain various vitamins such as copper, vitamin D, B, potassium, and calcium. When stored for a long time, it tends to get devalued.
It should be noted that the texture of the mushroom tends to become very soft when frozen. Hence, it could be used for casseroles, soups, or even blended foods.
In the 21st century, working hours tend to be increased hence, there is reduced time for preparing dishes. Having your prepared mushrooms tend to make your cooking easier and stress-free. Stick with me if you want to know the processes involved in refrigerating mushrooms.
To get the best out of a frozen mushroom, freshly uprooted procedures are used for this purpose. The fresh mushrooms have a very nice and soothing smell and they are free of spots.
One of the best places to get fresh mushrooms is at the farmer's place it could also be purchased at several grocery stores.
Before mushrooms are refrigerated it is brushed so that the specks of dirt may come off. Most people are quick to wash their mushrooms before freezing. The negativity of this is that it becomes mushy when cooked.
When raw mushrooms are frozen, the best thing to do is to cut off the stems and place the mushroom in a refrigerating plastic bag. The bags are always air-free before being placed into the fridge.
Below are two different ways it could be prepared when it is not directly frozen.
1. The mushrooms are cleaned by scrubbing and brushing.
2. After total cleaning of the mushroom, it is sliced or kept as a whole. After this, the mushrooms are placed to steam in boiling water which contains one teaspoon of lemon juice. The lemon juice is added to make check for discoloration. The mushroom is steamed for about 2 to 4 minutes.
3. The steamed mushroom is placed in a bowl of iced water for about the time the mushroom was steamed.
4. The next thing done is to drain the mushrooms.
5. Immediately it is completely drained, it is hence placed on a tray coated with kitchen paper and refrigerated until it is totally solid. The mushrooms are now transferred into a sealable bag. The bags are always air free.
1. The first stage always remains the same. It is properly sanitized. It could be sliced or left as a whole.
2. A little knob of butter or oil is out into a large pan that should be melted. After melting, the mushrooms are added hence, it is stir-fryed for 2 to 4 minutes.
3. After this stage, it is allowed to get cool. It is placed on a tray and then froze until it solidifies. Thus, it is transferred into a bag that is air free. This is emphasized to prevent freezer burns.
Have you needed a company to purchase your frozen mushrooms, contact us today and get the best service?
When you talk about this product our name rings a bell in the market system as we have been in this business for decades now.
Get in touch with us today and you will not be disappointed. We hold our customers in high esteem.